Software as a Service (SaaS) has had many definitions over the years, however the principle definition is as follows;
a software licensing and delivery model in which software is licensed on a subscription basis, centrally hosted
and supported by the vendor, and is accessible over the internet.
Subscribers or clients only require internet
access and a suitable user device to support connectivity and interaction with the SaaS application. These devices could
be workstations, laptops, tablets, etc.
- No additional hardware costs: Clients do not have to purchase servers or hardware to build the environments required to run the
application, no need for client capital expenses as the SaaS vendor provides the necessary infrastructure.
- Fewer client IT resources: SaaS vendor supports the operating and hosting environment infrastructure and services with no drain on
client IT resources.
- Automated software updates: All software updates are completed by the SaaS vendor with the client’s participation for testing as required.
- Automated hardware updates: All hardware and utilitarian software updates are completed by the SaaS vendor.
- Better pricing model: Budgeting is easier for clients given the SaaS vendor's ability to create pricing
metrics for user and transactional volumes off of a base rate subscription fee.
- Scalability: SaaS is scalable both vertically and horizontally and managed dynamically by the SaaS provider to meet client needs.
Need more memory or CPU cycles? These can be increased in near real-time.
- SLA performance metrics: SaaS vendor maintains operational and performance metrics and SLAs for:
- System Availability
- Application Response Time
- Batch Processing
- DR (RTO, RPO)
- Incident and ticket response and repair based on defined impact and severity
- Security and compliance: Saas vendor maintains all security and compliance controls required to operate the application in
accordance with maintaining their applicable compliance attestation.
- Fewer client development resources: Support customized application extensions without requiring software development resources from
Learn more about the CLARIFIRE® application solution, which operates within our
Clarifire Private Cloud (CPC) and delivered to our clients as a SaaS solution.
CLARIFIRE® is truly "BRIGHTER AUTOMATION®."